CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A Whole New Wardrobe!

Its MAY! So hard to believe how fast this year is whizzing by. It’s time to start switching our wardrobes and preparing for warmer weather…MUCH warmer weather. But I’m ready. Its odd how the season’s change NEVER comes too early. I’m always just as ready for spring as I was winter, and so on. In fact, I’ve noticed that I tend to dress in anticipation of the new season. At the first hint of weather change, I start putting on the appropriate attire. And it happens exactly how God orders it…WHEN God orders it. He knows just the right time for the season to change so that life as we know it continues and thrives. -- You can probably see where I’m heading with this (it actually just came to me as I started typing).

The seasons in our life are just that…”seasons”… and they are MEANT for change. And they change exactly as God orders them and WHEN God orders them. How often have we been in the middle of a difficult situation and wondered WHAT God was thinking or WHERE He was. And yet, when we get through it we realize that He knew all along EXACTLY what He was doing. And how many times do we need to repeat that process before we stop stressing and start realizing that HE REALLY IS IN CONTROL??? We humans are so ---human.

It’s in that awareness of the sovereignty of God when I realize that I really should CHOOSE joy…CHOOSE peace…CHOOSE hope; that I really should put on the garment of praise for my heavy heart. I am not rejoicing in my pain, sorrow, fear, disappointment, stress, etc... I am slipping into a new wardrobe in anticipation of the change of weather. And in that moment, I am wearing Christ. I am showing Christ to everyone around me. I am “preaching the good news”. I love the verses of scripture in Isaiah 61 that say:

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed
me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, 2 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion-- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.
When we put on beauty and gladness and praise we are a “display of His splendor”….that’s what His word says. What an AMAZING thought! WE are a display of HIS splendor!!!! When we choose to trust that the purpose of God is being worked out in our lives, and we look back at God’s “faithfulness track record” as I call it….we CANNOT HELP but rejoice! Recently, while enduring a difficult season, a good friend said to me, “faith in purpose means that there will be the ‘substance of things hoped for’ while as yet there is no evidence of its existence”. So for those of you struggling through times of despair….PUT ON CHRIST and become a display of His splendor!!! Have faith in His purpose….the season will change….and just exactly when and how He orders it!

Peace,
Cristie

4 comments:

mr.rickcampbell said...

If I didn't know better I would think you were in BOCB. I love you Cristie and I love watching God use you to communicate so powerfully...

superstarmomds said...

That is so true. It is good to remember that another season will come. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Missy said...

Your blog is so true. Right now, I am studying the Israelites when they fled from Egypt to the promise land. As they traveled through deserts and wandered around for years, they continuously lost faith in God because they suffered many "seasons" they thought would be their ultimate demise. However, God always intervened and gave them provisions that only He could give. The same is true in our seasons. God has not left us and will not forsake us. If we are faithful to keep our hearts, mind and strength focused on God, then God is more than willing to help us endure the seasons in our lives. Thanks for sharing. ;~)Seth

Anonymous said...

It's so funny that I chose to read this blog today. As another season of my life has opened, it was revealed to me, after reading this, something I already knew....but it is all God's timing. Whatever the situation. And if we do wear his garments...in every situation we will not only be in his will but walking in the steps as HE has ordered them for us. Thank you Cristie for your words! God is doing abundant and amazing things with you. I love being your friend :)